This page contains information on South Carolina's auto insurance statistics, safety tips, teen driver information, credit scoring and more. Please see the list of information on Auto Insurance Basics, Buying A Policy (and saving money), What To Do If You Have To File A Claim and Safety Tips from the Insurance Information Institute.
Auto Insurance Basics
- What is auto insurance?
- What is in a basic auto policy?
- Can I drive legally without insurance?
- What if I lease a car?
- Do I need insurance to rent a car?
- What's the difference between cancellation and non-renewal?
Buying A Policy & Saving Money
- How do I select an insurance company?
- Where can I buy insurance?
- How can I save money?
- How much coverage do I need?
- What determines the price of my policy?
- What information do I need to give my agent or company?
- What can I do if I can't find coverage?
- How do I insure my teenage driver?
- Should I purchase an umbrella liability policy?
- Will my insurance cover a rental car after an accident?
Help! I Have To File A Claim
- How do I file a claim?
- What should I do if I am having trouble settling my claim?
- If I file a claim, will my premium go up?
- How are the value of my car and the cost of repair determined?
- What are my rights when filing a claim?
- Can my insurance company require me to use certain types of auto repair parts?